Saturday, October 30, 2010

A day at the Derby

Well, we can't say we weren't warned!
A months rainfall in a day - that was the prediction from the weather bureau.
And while the day started off with overcast skies, the rain started falling around midday, right on cue, and kept on falling and falling and falling and falling.
We spent the day at the Derby (I think it's the most elegant day of the Spring Racing Carnival) . We made the most of the dry weather in the morning, actually getting to see a horse or two.
Then the rain came ... and we retreated to the marquee and I donned my gumboots.
If I'd been more entrepreneurial I would have brought a few more pairs with me and sold them off for a small fortune.
The huge downpour all afternoon meant I didn't even put a bet on, so I saved a few dollars in that department.
I left the track mid afternoon and got a train home.
A hot shower and then into some comfy clothes with soup for dinner and a movie on the couch.
What a day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

White Dove said...

And you even managed a blog. Well done!