Sunday, February 28, 2010

A crafty bag

On the last day of summer the temperature dropped, the sky was overcast and the breeze was cool.
I spent a bit of time delving into recipe books, searching out slow food and trawling crafty blogs looking for some inspiring projects to get stuck into over the cooler months.
I've got a couple of embroidery projects on the go .... more on those later .... but one project I completed last winter that I'm really delighted with is my crocheted handbag.



















I picked up a pattern a couple of years ago at a craft fair and last year, when the family had a week in the snow, I got to work.
The bag was started and finished in that week. It's the first pattern I've completed on my own ..
I managed to increase and decrease as directed by the pattern ... and improvise when I didn't understand the instructions.
That's what craft is all about isn't it?



















And because the body and handles of the bag are pure wool .... I felted the bag in the washing machine, when I got home.
I'll post a picture of the finished felted bag in another blog.
(Which means I need to find the pictures on my camera!)

In the meantime, enjoy these pics I took earlier!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

White Dove said...

Glad to see that you still have time for craft....and blogging....they both can be very relaxing hobbies.

P.s. Lovely to see the other member of your family making his first featured appearance on the blog xx