Monday, June 21, 2010

Wrap Vest WIP

I'm hooked on the hook.
I've been crocheting, crocheting, crocheting in front of the TV for hours over the weekend - occasionally, asking for cups of tea, squares of chocolate and the odd glass of wine .... which James happily provided. He's a good man!


The wrap vest is looking good . The stitches are really even. I've surprised myself .... but I'm starting to get nervous.
I don't think it's big enough.
I've followed the pattern. Truly I have ....
But it seems small and the armholes aren't big enough.

(Breathe ..... it's not wasted effort .....breathe ..... maybe I used the wrong sort of wool? Too thick?? Maybe it will be ok once it's finished ..... breathe some more ..... if not ....... I'll just unravel it and make a scarf or three. Breathe ...... and call for a glass of wine ..... Maybe if it doesn't fit me I could give it to Rosie - my sister in law. Nice idea ..... breathe, breathe. Yeah, nice idea. )
OK - happy again.
Crochet, crochet, crochet.
Can I have two more squares of chocolate darling??

3 comments:

White Dove said...

Boobs too big ! Too much chocolate XX

Crochet with Raymond said...

Hi! thank you for the comment on my blog! I think I have the opposite problem to you, I'm afraid mine will be too big! Especially as I am on my 4th ball of wool and only just past the first armhole! I really like your blog, its lovely and look forward to checking in again to see the progress on your wrap!!!!

mel @ loved handmade said...

That's too funny, my hubby was just saying how all I do of an evening now is crochet & he is mightily impressed by my work so far as he makes me a cuppa & a little plate of something sweet...I love that vest, I'm going to try & be brave & give it a go...