Monday, June 21, 2010

Wrap Vest WIP

I'm hooked on the hook.
I've been crocheting, crocheting, crocheting in front of the TV for hours over the weekend - occasionally, asking for cups of tea, squares of chocolate and the odd glass of wine .... which James happily provided. He's a good man!


The wrap vest is looking good . The stitches are really even. I've surprised myself .... but I'm starting to get nervous.
I don't think it's big enough.
I've followed the pattern. Truly I have ....
But it seems small and the armholes aren't big enough.

(Breathe ..... it's not wasted effort .....breathe ..... maybe I used the wrong sort of wool? Too thick?? Maybe it will be ok once it's finished ..... breathe some more ..... if not ....... I'll just unravel it and make a scarf or three. Breathe ...... and call for a glass of wine ..... Maybe if it doesn't fit me I could give it to Rosie - my sister in law. Nice idea ..... breathe, breathe. Yeah, nice idea. )
OK - happy again.
Crochet, crochet, crochet.
Can I have two more squares of chocolate darling??

3 comments:

White Dove said...

Boobs too big ! Too much chocolate XX

Crochet with Raymond said...

Hi! thank you for the comment on my blog! I think I have the opposite problem to you, I'm afraid mine will be too big! Especially as I am on my 4th ball of wool and only just past the first armhole! I really like your blog, its lovely and look forward to checking in again to see the progress on your wrap!!!!

Little Ted Canvas said...

That's too funny, my hubby was just saying how all I do of an evening now is crochet & he is mightily impressed by my work so far as he makes me a cuppa & a little plate of something sweet...I love that vest, I'm going to try & be brave & give it a go...