Monday, January 24, 2011

Sew simple

I love the simplicity of cross stitch.
And I thought I'd try something new with a small, manageable project.

I took a tea towel and using some canvas webbing (there's probably a proper name for this material, but I can't remember what the lady in the embroidery shop called it ... but it means you can cross stitch on just about any fabric).
Anyway, I digress.
I followed an easy pattern and cross stitched some red cherries.

They look rather festive don't you think?

I've placed the cherries randomly on the tea towel, varying the pattern each time.
And I couldn't resist this ant ...
Maybe I'll cross stitch a slice of cherry pie nearby.


The idea is when you've finished the cross stitch, wet the webbing to soften it and then pull out the canvas threads - leaving the tea towel with the cherries and the ant in tact.
Well , that's the theory.
I'll let you know how I go.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: